If You Have Any Issues Processing An Order Or Uploading Document Photos Etc
Customer Documents For Number Plates
We will need to see original documents to prove your name and address and original documents to show you are entitled to use the registration number before we can process.
You can use the following to confirm your name and address:
- driving licence, with or without a photo (doesn’t have to be issued in the UK)
- utility bill, Council Tax or rates bill in Northern Ireland (from the last 6 months)
- bank or building society statement (from the last 6 months)
- national identity card (issued by the government of a state or territory other than the United Kingdom).
The following will confirm your name only:
- passport (does not have to be issued in the UK)
- bank or building society debit or credit card
- police warrant card
- armed forces identity card.
Proving you can use the registration number
You must bring one of the following to show you’re allowed to display the registration number:
- vehicle registration certificate (V5C)
- new keeper slip (green slip)
- a certificate of entitlement (V750) to the number
- a retention document (V778)
- a renewal reminder for vehicle tax or SORN (V11)
- a temporary registration certificate (V379)
- a number plate authorisation certificate (V948) with an official stamp from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA)
- an electronic number plate authorisation certificate (eV948) or an electronic trailer number plate authorisation certificate (eV948/2)
- a letter of authorisation from a fleet operator (including lease or hire company) quoting the document reference number from the V5C
- record of insurer’s name, reference and policy numbers (for repairs approved by an insurance company)
- a PDF of the vehicle details from the view vehicle record service (if your fleet is part of the V5C on demand scheme)
- UK trailer registration certificate (VTRC).